John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My ge front load washer, It us a front load ge model

Customer Question

my ge front load washer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It us a front load ge model gfwr270ph0ww it will fill up then switches to wash sits a few minutes then pause comes on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 9 months ago.

What are the first two letters of the serial number? There is a service bulletin related to this problem but only applies to certain serial numbers . It has to do with the sensor that monitors the rpm of the stator - may be a loose connection at the sensor, the stator , or the inverter board . May even be a wire tie tight is too tight pulling the connector, but again only for certain time periods the washer was made - need serial number.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Vd119227g
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is thus one of the serial numbers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did you get my serial number is ***** one of them VD119227G?

Washer just misses the time frame ( ends at serial TD ) - Oct 2014 and yours was built Nov 2014. Need to check for error codes. To do so the washer must be in an idle state ( display lit but not in a cycle ) If the machine has an extra rinse pad ( EXT RINSE ) do this -- press and release the EXT RINSE key , then press and release the DELAY WASH key then the EXT RINSE key again, then DELAY WASH key again.

If it does NOT have an EXT RINSE then press the RINSE key , then DELAY WASH key , THEN RINSE key again, then DELAY WASH key again.

You should now be in service mode . Rotate the large round knob - the cycle selector knob CLOCKWISE slowly until you get to position 20 and hit start - take note of any error codes , then turn knob one more click and hit START and again note any error codes , and then one more click clockwise and hit START and note any error codes . Now exit the service mode by hitting the POWER key. Get back with the results of this test.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a repairman Friday so thanks for help but I will wait for them at this point