Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE Microwave Model PEB7226DF1BB continues to run when door

Customer Question

GE Microwave Model PEB7226DF1BB continues to run when door is closed without start button being engaged.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So usually when this issue occurs, the microwave only looks like it's running but it's not actually heating. Put a cup of water inside the microwave and close the door without pressing the start button. Let it run for a minute and see if the water heats up. If it does, you have a stuck really on the display board and unfortunately your display board will need to be replaced.

Now if the water doesn't heat up, it means that one of your 3 door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches just to the left of the control panel behind the front frame of your microwave. You'd need t uninstall the microwave and remove all the screws going into the outer shell of your microwave in order to pull the outer shell straight back, up, and off. Then you can reach in through the right side of the microwave to remove the screws holding the control panel on and remove the control panel. You'll finally have access to the 3 door micro switches which you'd need to test with a multimeter to see which one is faulty. Just replace the faulty door switch and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?