Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My turntable quit working as well as the heat.I believe at

Customer Question

My turntable quit working as well as the heat.I believe at the same time.Everthing else seems to be working properly.HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So there are only 2 things that will cut out both the heat and the turntable. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons to make sure the door is shut when the microwave is running. If 1 of these door switches fails or the microwave thinks that one of these door switches fails, it creates your conditions. That means that you either have a bad door switch or you have a bad display control board which isn't reading the door switch properly---those are your possibilities. You'll need a multimeter to test the door switches to determine which one is faulty and below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the door switches. The video shows a Whirlpool microwave being tested and I know your unit is a GE, but the process is the same for all over the range microwaves. If all the door switches check good, then replace the display board, otherwise just replace the faulty door switch.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?