John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag bravos xl. I just got it today. I've run it

Customer Question

I have a maytag bravos xl. I just got it today. I've run it twice without any problem, but now it won't turn on. I turn on the power and everything seems fine, but when i touch the start button it beeps twice and never lights up or starts.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What is the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
May tag bravos xl. Where do I find the model number?

The model number is ***** on the top back edge of the console or lift the lid and check the lid frame.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mvwb835dw0

OK try to put it in diagnostic mode and see if there are any failure codes that come up

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).

2. Select any three (3) buttons (except POWER) and follow the steps below, using the same buttons (remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed):

Within 8 seconds, • Press and Release the 1st selected button, • Press and Release the 2nd selected button, • Press and Release the 3rd selected button; • Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.

3. If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console will be illuminated for 5 seconds with “888” showing in the three-digit display and a tone will sound. If there are no saved fault codes, the seven segment display will come back on and display “888”. Upon entry to Service Diagnostic mode, all cycles and options reset to factory default.