Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am receiving an E64 message on my dryer. What does that

Customer Question

Hello, I am receiving an E64 message on my dryer. What does that mean?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I receive an E64 message. I purchased the dyer in 2013.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The only other thing is that the notification that the dryer cycle has stopped does not work. Otherwise all in in good order.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So error E64 just means there is a problem with the heating circuit on your dryer. You'll want to confirm that you're getting 220 volts to the dryer and not just 110 volts because the dryer will run but it won't heat with 110 volts. Other than that, you'd need to take the dryer a part and use a multimeter to test continuity through the heater as well as the thermistor and thermostats. Whatever part doesn't have continuity will need to be replaced. If they all have continuity, then the control board would need to be replaced. If you don't have a multimeter, you'll want to just order and replace the heater because this is the part that commonly fails since it's a triple element and one of the coils inside typically fails on this model causing the error code to occur.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.