Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Something popped (the sound of a short circuit) in my

Customer Question

something popped (the sound of a short circuit) in my washing machine when I went to plug it in. Then smoke (thin streams) followed. And, indeed, the washer no longer turns on. Something was fried but I don't know or cant guess what. Do you have a guess? Is there anything like a circuit breaker inside a washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

No the unit does not have a internal circuit breaker .

if the unit will not run on at all the main control board has to be the issue.

if it was say the water valve ,drive motor or the drain pump the console should still be active.

I recommend to replace the main control board.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/137006000/1472564?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=134855503?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back.