Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Our Whirlpool refrigerator model number GI5SVAXVL00 is

Customer Question

Our Whirlpool refrigerator model number GI5SVAXVL00 is having a problem with the ice maker. It is making ice, but it won't dispence the ice. About two weeks ago I was getting a glass of ice and the ice got hung up in the dispencer (wouldn't drop into the glass). I took the ice out of the dispencer to fix the blockage. Then when I tried to dispense mor ice, nothing worked. The "curly" rod moves the ice forward to the dispencer wouldn't work sonthe ice just sits there. Is there something we can do to reset it or something. We did replace the filter in the top of the refrigerator unit, but it didn't seem to really help anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

So when you call for ice is the dispenser door on the fresh food door opening and closing as it should?

I never heard back from you! I normally log off at 5pm EST on Saturday.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The door is closed, and is closing properly. The ice maker is pushed in correctly and locked in place.

Ok but my question was when you call for ice is the (dispenser door) opening and closing the way it should.

No I`m not asking about the door the dispenser is mounted on .I`m asking about the small door inn the main door that opens to let ice out of the refrigerator and into your glass.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, the dispenser door is not opening. The device that turns to move the ice forward to the dispencer is not working either.

ok if the auger (curly thing) does not rotate and the dispenser door is not opening then the issue is with in the dispenser itself .

If you call for chilled water does it dispense into your glass or not?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, it won't dispense water either.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
P

Ok if it will not dispenser chilled water and it will not dispense the ice either then .

I recommend to replace the dispenser chute/ pad that you press your glass against to active the dispenser.

.The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Chute/13005704B/1479904?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.