Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an Amana side by side that is not cooling. The fan in

Customer Question

I have an Amana side by side that is not cooling. The fan in the back is not coming on neither is the compressor
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I tried a 3 and 1 hard start and still nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

What is the complete model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ACD2234HRS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there

OK only one of two things can be bad, either you have a bad defrost control board or bad main operating thermostat. Most times this issue is a bad defrost control board though. If you have a volt meter and can check the voltage from the YELLOW wire out of the defrost board to ground you should see 120 volts to ground. If you do I would replace the thermostat, if not replace the defrost control board. On rare occasion I have seen a broken BLUE wire where the modular plug is to the unit by the board. That is the common wire for all the fans and compressor functions.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU