Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a meile coffee maker. Even thoguh the water take is

Customer Question

I have a meile coffee maker. Even thoguh the water take is filled and fitted properly it is telling me repeatedly to make sure the water tank is pushed all the way back.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I read the manual which recommended descaling - which I did. THe descale process worked perfectly. then I decided it would probably be a good idea to clean the brew unit. when I started the process the system told me to put the water tank back in properly - same error. as the system tries to rinse, the noises change - feels like it is trying to pull water through but it can.t. Now I can't stop the cleaning process.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the sensor strips that monitor the position of the water tank may be dirty or corroded. The electronic control may also have issues. Unplug the appliance for a few hours. Any change when plugged back in?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?