Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Mah5500, wont start. has lr code issues soemtimes. rarely

Customer Question

mah5500
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wont start. has lr code issues soemtimes. rarely finishes cycle especially spin
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So error lr stands for "locked rotor". What it means is that the motor control board thinks that the basket isn't spinning smoothly due to the bearing locking up. Remove the clothes and spin the basket by hand to see if the basket spins smoothly. If not, then you'd need a new rear drum bearing and support shaft that goes through the bearing which may not be worth fixing since it costs about $600 just in parts.

The more likely case is that the basket still spins smooth meaning your motor control board isn't sensing properly. The motor control board has been re-designed and comes with the motor so below is a link to the kit you'd need to order and replace to resolve this issue.

CLICK HERE for motor control kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.