Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My whirlpool fridge quit making ice but on occasion it makes

Customer Question

My whirlpool fridge quit making ice but on occasion it makes a couple cycles then stops again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.
could you give me the model number of the ref so I can better assist you, there are several different types of systems for ice makers that whirlpool designed, thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Es5fhaxsq00
Ok what I am gonna do is link a video that will show you how to trouble shoot the optics on that unit and also the ice maker, now if everything checks out after you troubleshoot as in the video then you may need to monitor the temps in the freeze for a while Because the ice maker will not harvest unless the freezer is about 15 degrees, so it could be that for some reason the freezer is not keeping temperature properly but still keeping the food frozen. If after the troubleshooting checks out and you feel the freezer is keeping proper temperatures then the you will need to replace the ice makerclick here for videolet me know if you have any questions:in the meantime:We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you!