John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Aeg favorit ca. 2011 model. Error 20 after less than 5 mins

Customer Question

Aeg favorit ca. 2011 model. Error 20 after less than 5 mins on all programs. Already applied drain gel and sure there is not a drainage problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: This is pretty much it, error code 20 very soon after starting or re starting. Have taken care of any possible drainage problem.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: This is the type of dishwasher with the front side covered with the wood of the kitchen interior.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

The error code 20 is indicating that the water flow on the drain functions is partially blocked, and is too slow for the control board to continue the cycle. Check the connections from the drain pump outlet to the final drain hose to see if you find debris partially impeding the water flow, and remove any you find. Also check the flow of water poured down the floor drain to make sure there isn't a blockage there.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.s

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the replay. I have double checked all the way and this is not the problem. Also if I add water manually and start it up all the wster goes away but the same error shows up.
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

OK. Thank you. The pump assembly has a fluff filter in it. Debris can keep the piece from seating completely, thereby allowing water to seep by and out the drain line. Usually, the filter can be removed and cleaned. If it needs to be replaced, its part number is(###) ###-#### You can find a photo of the part at www.shopaeg.co.uk.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I ended up calling in a professional who replaced the controller in the dishwasher. This cured the problem.Regards,
Gardar
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

OK. Thank you.