Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Samsung stove ( electric ), heat stays on continuously.

Customer Question

My Samsung stove ( electric ), heat stays on continuously . It is the same on low, high or medium heat. Heat does not shut off. I am assuming the problem is the nose sensor rod inside the range about 3 inches long that has gone bad????....Sal
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So to start, the sensor can't possibly cause this problem. All the sensor can do is cause the oven to not heat at the proper temperature when the oven is on or given an error code if it's too far out of range. The fact that the oven stays on continously means that you have a grounded element or there is a relay on the power control board that is partially sticking causing power to go to the element when it shouldn't. You'll need to pull the oven out, unplug the oven and remove the back sheet metal panel. Then test continuity from each element terminal to the frame of the oven. If any element has continuity to the frame of the oven, replace that element. If not then you need to replace the power control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.