Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

F28 error on Maytag front loading wash machinw, Machine

Customer Question

F28 error on Maytag front loading wash machinw
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Machine stops. Does not rinse and spin. Tried unplugging it but did not wotk
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. The only way to credit me(APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU) is to make sure you are rating my post not another techs when finished...Thank You!

F28 is a SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR on the unit. Most times this is caused from a BAD MOTOR CONTROL BOARD. You need to remove the top unplug the M13 (3 BLUE wire) plug from the CCU baord off to the right and then see if the same code comes up, if so replace the CCU if not replace the MCU.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

I see this question is still open on my list, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR rating system at the top of your page to rate my service so I can close this out... Thanks