Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Do the new model kitchen aid dishwashers heat water and do

Customer Question

do the new model kitchen aid dishwashers heat water and do they have a drying element that dries the dishes?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So yes, Kitchen Aid dishwasher heat water and have a drying element. But that being said, the element does not heat the way that the older dishwashers do. To meet energy star standards, the heaters don't draw the same amount of wattage so you'll want to use a rinse agent like Jet Dry Turbo to make sure the dishes dry. No dishwasher other than Fisher Paykel (which has a heater plate design that is incredibly effective and efficient) will dry the dishes without using a rinse agent anymore.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?