Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool cabrio top load washer will not start. Start

Customer Question

hello, my whirlpool cabrio top load washer will not start. Start button turns lights on but when Start button is pushed, it just beeps.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

If you can still select a cycle and it just beeps when you push the start button, that means the washer thinks the lid isn't shut so it's telling you to shut the lid. Now if you've already tried unplugging the washer and that didn't reset the issue, the lid latch assembly needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for lid latch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?