Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher will only run in the light wash cycle

Customer Question

my dishwasher will only run in the light wash cycle
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there are 2 possibilities that can cause your problem. Either you have a bad touch control panel or a bad control board. First, try to just unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not, then either the touchpad or the control board will need to be replaced. To know which one, just press the different buttons on the control panel. If some of them don't even respond whatsoever when you press them, then replace the touchpad. If they all respond, but when you start a cycle it reverts back to the light wash, then the control board needs to be replaced. The control board is part number(###) ###-#### ***** it costs about $180. The touchpad is part number(###) ###-####and it costs about $350 so that may not be worth fixing I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?