Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Can't seem to find parts Thermador oven I need the nges part

Customer Question

Can't seem to find parts for a Thermador oven
I need the hinges part number 00487238 for my freestanding oven and part 00487747 for my wall mount oven
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. The only way to credit me(APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU) is to make sure you are rating my post not another techs when finished...Thank You!

Those parts have been obsolete for a long time, I would be lying to you if I told you you really can find them anywhere. Chances of getting them are really SLIM as EBAY would be about your best bet no where else will have them as they did not sell many of those units at all. Please do not kill the messenger.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I hate to throw away a $4000 oven and a wall unit just because the door won't stay closed completely. I've been proving a stick against them for now

I feel your pain and service them for a living Thermador is one of the worst for parts, the issue is not may were really sold in the US and they just stopped making parts for these models a long time ago, I just had a lady I serviced needed a clock and gas valve for a Thermador slide in, no longer available...you just are really going to struggle to find these. You may be better off removing the hinges taking them to a metal fabricator and see if they can fix the old ones honestly.