Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My bosh diswasher runs about 4 hours to complete its cycle,

Customer Question

my bosh diswasher runs about 4 hours to complete its cycle
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the dishwasher is not that old. When I go to run a load to be cleaned it takes about 4 hours to complete.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

4 hours is definitely excessive. Keep in mind these dishwashers do run a lot longer than older dishwashers and 2 and a half hours or 3 hours is pretty typical. If it's going for 4 hours, then either the water is coming in cold or the control board has failed (somewhat common on Bosch dishwashers) and it's not sending power to the heater anymore. The water should be coming in at 120 degrees and for ever degrees that it's lower, it adds 2 minutes to the cycle time. Running your kitchen sink until the water is hot before starting a dishwasher cycle can sometimes help if it takes a while for hot water to get to the sink form your house. Other than that, if the dishwasher just isn't heating anymore, you'd need a new control board. You can tell if that's the case by just opening the door immediately when the cycle is complete. If steam doesn't come rolling out then your dishwasher isn't heating and you need a new control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?