John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My whirlpool cabrio washing machine seems to have a problem

Customer Question

hi Pearl, my whirlpool cabrio washing machine seems to have a problem with the lid lock. When I try to run a wash program the lid lock light flashes, clicks and then the lid unlocks and the light goes off. the wash cycle cannot seem to run because some part of the mechanism is telling the washer that the lid is not locked.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: thanks - this problem has been happening on and off for some time, sometimes it seems to right itself after we've turned the wash cycle dial a few times but now it's not working at all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can look for the necessary technical information for you? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi John,Sorry for the delayed response to your message - I've been unwell lately so haven't checked my personal emails regularly.The model number is: 6AWTW5550XW1I have noticed that when we turn the wash cycle dial, the indicator lights will come on for each different wash cycle but only one of them beeps when the light goes on! The one that beeps is the only cycle that we can currently use - all of the others just do as described to Pearl; the lid lock light goes on, then it flashes and goes off then the 'sensing' light and the 'start/pause' light flash and the washer doesn't run. Only the cycle where the light comes on and the beep sounds will work.Thanks for your help.Best,Suzanne
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

OK. Thank you. From your description of the symptoms you see, I've concluded that the control board is faulty, and it needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $155.35. You can purchase it at www.repairclinic.com.

I hope you continue toward feeling better. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your time John.Best,Suzanne
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

You're welcome.