Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE washer that doesn't drain all of the water out

Customer Question

I have a GE washer that doesn't drain all of the water out of the machine - it does drain all of the water out of the washing bin but there is water under that does not drain.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after spin cycle if you shake the bowl you can hear water underneath - the water then stinks.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

Is the drain pump running and do the clothes come spun out dry?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it pumps out a high velocity and the clothes are dry. It's just that water is still in the "outer bowl" underneath the "washing bowl" and stinks after a couple days. Is this normal for a top loading HE machine?

Yes some units use a water filled balance ring, but all the units always have sump water in them when done. You can run some Affresh packs through the unit. Also a hot water cycle with heavy bleach will work and make sure you leave the door open when it is not being used.. This is a common complaint on most frontloaders.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks