Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag model MAH2400AWW serial 11503494GC does not spin but

Customer Question

Maytag model MAH2400AWW serial 11503494GC does not spin but gives an electronic "humm" instead of starting spin. All other functions seem to work ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

If you hear a hum, that typically comes from the drain pump trying to drain. The washer will not even attempt to spin if it doesn't think the washer is draining properly. I'd check and see where the humming noise is coming from for certain but if it's coming from the drain pump, check for any blockages in the drain catch and replace the drain pump if the drain catch is clear.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?