Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My clothes washer won't stop filling to the point of

Customer Question

My clothes washer won't stop filling to the point of overflowing
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My washer fills beyond the load selected switch.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It's a Concept 2 model CCXR1060W
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

This is either a clogged pressure tube port, broken or split pressure tube or the pressure switch is bad. The model you listed does not show valid, if you have the make and complete model let me know or just check the things I listed. The rubber pressure tube is connected to the outer tub on the washer and goes to the pressure switch/sensor. You can detach the tube from the pressure switch and blow through it and see if air blows into the outer tub, it should. If so inspect the tube for damaged and then if all is ok replace the pressure switch.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I appreciate the time you have taken to respond. I have decided to replace the washer and not mess around trying to fix it. I would only frustrate myself trying to decipher the parts and pieces. Thank you for your effort.

No problem at all, if you need anything else let me know

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave