Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool gold series electric range. Was. Baking a

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gold series electric range. Was. Baking a cake and the broiler was on after I had pushed the bake button
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I preheated as normal has been working fine until today. Only caught it because I could smell the cake starting to burn all I did was push the bake button and start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the broil element came on after it was preheated, the relay on the control for the broil element has failed.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.