Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Just installed a new Bosch B36ET71SAS (french door/bottom

Customer Question

Just installed a new Bosch B36ET71SAS (french door/bottom freezer). Its been on a couple of days, and temp setting for fridge section says 35 F but its not cooling much. Actual thermometer inside fridge says about 55F. Don't hear an evap. fan running... Ran self diagnostic and no error msg came up but did display "LOAD" after starting test
Bad T'stat?
Evap. fun broken?
Thanks for any clues
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money you have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

It sounds like a bad evaporator fan, but press bypass the door switch manually to make sure as all these units shut the fan off with the door open. If it is new though I would have warranty out. If the fan is working you have a sealed system issue most likely which will cost a lot and you do not want to keep a lemon.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry - this isn't specific enough to actually try to effect a repair.

Can you get to the evaporator panel and remove the panel to see the evaporator in the freezer?