Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dishwasher will not turn on. Lights are on but when push

Customer Question

my dishwasher will not turn on. Lights are on but when push start nothing happens. GE said to turn off breaker 1 hour. I did. Lights came on then off nothing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 9 months ago.

What lights are on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Normal wash and heated dry
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now not lights
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

I am a different tech and picked this up if you need help.

I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money you have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

Do any of the buttons work?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No

OK can you check the power at the junction box under the unit to see if you have 120 there and nothing is burned up where they connect to the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not have volt meter. But nothing. Looks burnt

OK you really need to get a volt meter to confirm voltage and will also need it to check other internal parts in the door, like the switch or power to the board. There is no fuse on your unit just so you are aware. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will have to call GE tech service to send someone

Yes I am sorry but you really need a volt meter, thanks for using this service.