Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My amana natural gas dryer model no.tga 400 l the flame

Customer Question

my amana natural gas dryer model no.tga 400 l the flame starts up normal but goes out
after 5 to 10 seconds
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money you have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

Typically that is caused from an airflow issue, if the vent is blocked, blower is not working or possibly internal seals are shot on the drum that can happen. Then the flame does not get sucked down the tube and can trip off quickly on the high limit thermostat as designed.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks