Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire ffmv164lsa exhaust ventilation burning cabinets

Customer Question

frigidaire ffmv164lsa exhaust ventilation burning cabinets
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

This is a microwave, so where exactly are the cabinets burning around the microwave?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
right above vents cabinet door right side
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

OK so you have your microwave set on re-circulation where it takes the air from below the microwave (when you have the cooktop on) and shoots it back into the kitchen to try to remove the grease (and possibly smoke if you have carbon filters installed). To save your cabinets, you'd need to re-route your vent so that it vents out an external vent either behind the microwave or above it. You can change the direction of the vent fan if you uninstall the microwave and remove the outer shell. Rotate the vent fan to the direction you want it to blow out and then reinstall the outer shell. Now you'll need to install a vent through your cabinets or wall to vent outside your house, but that is the only other option if you want want to have the microwave recirculate and possibly ruin your cabinets due to being too hot.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

I see you requested a phone call so I'll send you the option if you'd like to speak by phone.