Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

MAV8600AWW Atlantis will not run. Will not fill. No lights

Customer Question

MAV8600AWW Atlantis will not run. Will not fill. No lights on the console. Power at the outlet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Some series of this model have a fuse right in line with the power wire coming in at the control area. Do you have a meter to perform any voltage testing with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Can you remove the rear access panel from the control housing and measure the voltage to the timer from the black wire from the power cord?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK may take a little while
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Should we see 112-120?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Sure, just post back when you can. If you have power there, the timer is faulty and will need to be replaced. Voltage will be around 120 VAC.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Looks like the meter was fried today. Son does electric sign maintenance and hooked it to a 480v line. Won't get that replaced until tomorrow. Could it be the cover switch? I'm thinking not as we should get it to fill if that were the case.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

It should fill. Do you hear the switch click when the lid is opened and closed? Does the timer feel different that it used to when starting the machine?

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

The timer is available below if you find you have power to it.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Kelly. Timer does not feel different. I'll bet it is fused. Is that located under that back panel? We should be able to do a continuity check to see if it is blown, right?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Correct, the fuse is showing right before the timer so if you follow the power cord in, it should go to the fuse then to the timer. However, it indicates that not all series are fused but gives no details as to which series are and are not.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?