John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Mu Kenmore elite 79571053012 freezer is not working. It is

Customer Question

Hi, Mu Kenmore elite *********** freezer is not working. It is blowing in cool air but not cold enough air to freeze.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The fridge is cooling but seems not to be as cold. The freezer is not freezing. Woke up this morning to everything thawed. Cool air is coming into the freezer but it is not cold air. The ice in the ice maker melted as well.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, no there is no frost.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Can you remove the rear panel from inside the freezer (number 332C in the diagram at the link below) to see if the coil (number 302B) has a full frost pattern or just a little at the top?

CLICK HERE