Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

I have a ge refrigerator # GSS25QGTACC side by side. I want

Customer Question

I have a ge refrigerator # ***** side by side. I want to replace water line in door, from bottom connection to the water spout. Does the plastic tubing just pull out the bottom of the door or is this a hard to do replacement? Bob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completio

Is the water line freezing up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, its not freezing. I noticed some what looked like black mole on the end of the disspencer, some fell into my drinking glass, some mole looks like it is between the tubing and the spout.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 9 months ago.

OK. Unfortunately you can not replace the freezer door waterline. You would have to replace the door.

Why I asked if the line was freezing up. GE is known for there waterlines freeze up in the freezer door.

I have the same refrigerator and I use a toothbrush, pipe cleaner and a spray vinegar to clean it.

Wish I could give you better news.

Thanks Sean

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still needing help.