Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge refrige is making a non stop clicking noise and it

Customer Question

My ge refrige is making a non stop clicking noise and it will not start Tim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replaced the relay but still
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

That clicking noise on these GE refrigerators is a very common problem. You'll need to pull the refrigerator forward and you'll see that the clicking is coming from behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. Behind this panel is the main control board. This control board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue.

It sounds like you replaced the overload relay which is on the compressor itself, but that relay only clicks once every couple of minutes when it goes bad, not constantly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?