John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have the same Samsung VRT front load washer. Not spinning

Customer Question

Dave, I have the same Samsung VRT front load washer. Not spinning either. The pump drains the water without any problems, but when it try's to go into its spin cycle it will make a quarter spin and stop and then the washer will beep and then it will try again by itself, but the same process keeps happening until eventually popping the breaker. I think maybe its the motor but want to confirm before spending the $$$$????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it pops the breaker, it certainly could be the motor. Does the tub rotate smoothly in the wash cycle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
very smooth when i spin it manually.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. How about on its own, when it tumbles to wash? Will it turn then and just not in the spin cycle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It will not tumble
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Attached are pages from the service manual that will allow you to initiate a diagnostic test cycle, including a motor test. can you do so and see what happens, please?