Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

How can i change the light bulb/s in my subzero 600 series

Customer Question

how can i change the light bulb/s in my subzero 600 series fridge? all the lights inside and on the information panel of the fridge have stopped working. the freezer is fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

I would suspect the door switch, rather than all the lights failing. There are 2 switches in the refrigerator compartment. There is one for the fan and one for the lights. Door Switch(###) ###-####is for the lights.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I verify it is the door switch? it has affected the digital panel as well, but the refrigeration still seems to be working...
Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

It will affect the back lighting of the control panel as well. It won't affect the cooling though. You would have to turn off power and remove the door switch and test continuity. It would read 0 ohms if the switch is faulty.

Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, infinite ohms.