bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

How do you remove the top of a HEC SWX30N wine cooler to

Customer Question

How do you remove the top of a HEC SWX30N wine cooler to access the sensor plug-in?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: OK
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The code is EE. I think the sensor is unplugged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

From what I can see here on the diagram, there is a rectangular cover on the back that is removed and three or four (hard to see on the diagram) scres that are screwed upwards into the top from a plate above the front door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My unit has two screws on the back and one in front above the front door. I removed them but the top will not come out. What am I missing??
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK I have no data on that model here in the UK but the thermal cut-out on the motor is embedded within the motor winding and not replaceable. If you unplug the motor and put it on spin does it still trip the electric?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand your answer. All I want to do is to replace the sensor that plugs in to the display on the front of the unit (HEC SWX30N). I need to remove the top to access the electronic display.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

sorry sent to the wrong person -- copy and paste the following link into your browser, it gives the parts breakdown in illustrated form. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/swx30n/3126/0169000/50020053/00001.html ~~ there is obviously an issue as kindly note that item 33 has been superceeded by 33a and 33b but the diagram seems to indicate as stated earlier that it is held in place by three screws at the front going thro panel 36 ~ lift at back and slide forwards perhaps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that diagram but thanks anyway.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

No worries