John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE oven. The oven temperature light stays on when I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a GE oven. The oven temperature light stays on when I turn off the oven. The only time it turns off is when I am baking and it reaches the proper temperature. When the oven cools off again, the light comes back on.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I just replaced the heating element on the bottom because the other one burned out. This is when the light issue started.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 9 months ago.

Please post model number.