Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My ge bottom freezer is frozen shut more on the left side

Customer Question

Hi my ge bottom freezer is frozen shut more on the left side and water is leaking out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

You have a frozen defrost drain line, you need to remove the items in the freezer and defrost the rear drain behind the panel in the freezer. Watch this video to help you do this, your panel may not have a lot of screw maybe just one. Then you can just pull the panel from the top to get it out.

CLICK HERE

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I do this if the door is frozen shut. How will the door open???

You would have to try and defrost it for a bit with a hairdryer, steamer or let it defrost for awhile to get it open or force it open as there is not other way to do that.