Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Emerson ice maker not making cubes. Seems like water

Customer Question

My Emerson ice maker not making cubes. Seems like water isn't getting to the area where cubes are made
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Unplugged unit overnight and cleaned and put in new water
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Emerson. IM92W
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you hear the water pump trying to get the water up to where it should be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure. But I think not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't here the water trickle into the ice cube area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hear. Not here
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, the issue is either the pump is unable to get the water going or it is not getting energized. We would need to know for certain which is happening. The pump is showing as no longer available but the control may still be available (showing 1 in stock but obsolete after stock is depleted, see link below. For the most part, these machines are not really designed to be repaired when they fail.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I just think I will buy a new one. Thx for the help
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would agree, thank you.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!