bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

We have a Bosch wfl 2050 Axxis front loading washer which

Customer Question

We have a Bosch wfl 2050 Axxis front loading washer which calls for 208/240 volts & has been wired to accommodate those specs. The voltage tester skows power up to the front panel which contains all the switches, but yet we have no power. Is there a fuse someplace or a reset button for this machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

What voltage do you have at the front module?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Don't know what you are referring to when you say front module. I can tell you that 220 is coming in to a transformer where the cord is attached and the voltage tester confirms that supposedly that amount of voltage is being carried up to the front panel where all the switches are contained.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

If you are referring to the mains suppressor attached to the rear which looks like this ~ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Washing-Machine-Capacitor/00623842/2693035?modelNumber=WFL2060UC%2f22&ss=a11b129d633565&mr=1 -- however a normal mains tester (neon) will give a reading with any voltage above 50 Volts, this appliance needs at least 196 volts AC to function. assuming as you say you have this at the front, there are no resets or fuses fitted - if you have power to the board but nothing is happening you will need a new pcb.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you tell me the cost of a new pcb? As we may be better off buying a new washer instead. We also may have learned a lesson here as well as we purchased it from Menards 6 years ago from their bargain center with hopes of installing it after we updated our laundry room. As of this week we were ready to hook up this washer for the first time and if the issue is what you are telling us, we actually purchased a non working washer at a cost of $597. Also, I guess I gave you the wrong model #, it should be WFL2060UC.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

Just checked on two sites and You're looking at around $500 for the board. Ouch - however beg steal or borrow a multimeter and check what the voltage is correct at the board input to be sure, sometimes the suppressor circuit deteriorates and there is a reduction in operating voltage coming out.

Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, thank you for using JA and have a great evening ~ Ian