Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Burner on light and hot cooktop light remain on even while

Customer Question

burner on light and hot cooktop light remain on even while surface is cool
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Does the burner work, even though the light stays on when it is cool? Which burner position is it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Kelly, thanks for getting back - yes it does. It's just when you've used it and let it set, it does not go off.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh - I believe it's the front left burner
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Which burner switch is it that stays on, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it's the front left one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

The left front control is shown as number 23 in the diagram at the link below. It is accessed by removing the number 15 panel at the rear of the control section. Of course, be certain to unplug the range before removing that panel. The knob will pull off exposing two screws that secure the burner switch in place. The wires will simply pull off and transfer, one at a time, to the new switch you are going to need.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Very good - thanks so much Kelly!
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I have ordered the part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thanks! Please let em know if I may help once you get the part!