Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I need to replace te water line in my freezer door

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So one of the big problems with this refrigerator is that the water line can't be replaced separately. KitchenAid decided to make the door foamed in instead of bolted together. That means that the inner liner and the outer door were placed together and then insulation foam was shot inside the door to hold everything together. This is done in many humid climates so mold and rust don't form inside the door. The downside with it is that the door doesn't come apart for repairs. If your water line in the freezer door needs to be replaced, you'd have to replace the entire door to resolve that issue. I'm very sorry about the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

I am a different tech and there is a way to do this as I have done many times unlike the other expert advised...let me know if you would still like the solution.

APPLIANCE GURU