Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our brand new dishwasher is not working. the water does not

Customer Question

hi our brand new dishwasher is not working. the water does not fill inside
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When we add water manually, the machine begins working. But the water is not coming in through the water inlet.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, if you have a flood safe hose, that could be stopping the water from coming to the dishwasher so turn the water off, disconnect the water supply line that comes from your house down below the dishwasher and put it into a pan. Turn the water on to make sure you're getting water. This also resets the flood protection device in the water supply hose if it was trip. Try another cycle and see if it fills.

Now if it doesn't fill still and you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer, the control board, or your float switch is stuck in the up position. It sounds like you've checked the float switch already so if the switch checks good we can move onto the valve or the control board. Remove the kick panel below the door and look under the dishwasher and if you don't see any wires unplugged then you will likely need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad. If you don't get 120 volts, then you need a new control board.

Now this dishwasher has a 1 year warranty so if it's less than 1 year old, call warranty and they will replace the part at no charge.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
how do i check n where is this float switch??

I'm not sure what you mean by "how do I check". I gave you lots of things to check. As for the float, if you open the door and remove the bottom rack, the float is in the front right corner on the floor inside the tub. It pushed on a switch below the dishwasher which you'd need to remove the kick panel below the door to see.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok it seems to be the hose. how do i reset the fllod safe mode

It should automatically reset when you turn the water off under your sink to relieve the pressure and then turn it back on. If not, then you need to replace the hose because it's defective.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?