Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I turned the power on to my Maytag maxima, and pressed the

Customer Question

I turned the power on to my Maytag maxima, and pressed the start button, then two codes came up, F03 and E02 and it would not start
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the model number is ***** serial # ***** and never a problem. Today, I hit the power button and then chose heavy duty setting, pressed start and those two codes came up and nothing happened
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

This error means that your oven thinks the temperature sensor has failed. You'll need to pull the washer out, unplug the unit, and remove all the screws coming in from the back sheet metal panel. Remove the sheet metal panel and look at the bottom of the tub for the heater and temperature sensor. Follow the wires and make sure the wires didn't break going to the sensor. If that all checks good, then replace the sensor. Below is a link to the temperature sensor for your model.

CLICK HERE for sensor

The temperature sensor is part number 27 on the diagram in the link below

CLICK HERE for diagram

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?