Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I replace a drum light on a whirlpool wgd94hexw0

Customer Question

how do I replace a drum light on a whirlpool wgd94hexw0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

This light is quite difficult to replace unfortunately. You'll need to pull the dryer forward and unplug the dryer to start. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. After that you can look down the back of the back drum support and you'll see a screw coming in from the back reflector where the bulb is installed. Remove this screws. Open the door and pull the light receptacle lens into the dryer and then you'll be able to pull the entire unit through the hole. Unplug the wire harness going to the bulb and disconnect the bulb with wire harness. Now you can re-install everything with a new bulb. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for bulb

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.