John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a Hobart CN90A Oven. The micro Leaf Switch on that

Customer Question

Have a Hobart CN90A Oven. The micro Leaf Switch on that operates when the doors are opened burned up. Trying to get ti back online. Have a micro leaf switch with Normally Open and Normally Closed Contacts. Do I read the Schematics correct, it is a normally open switch?
I am reading 125V on both leads. If i ground the output lead to metal of oven, oven lights and fan turn on (did not wait to see if elements came on). If I ground the other lead, nice big arc. Not sue whats going on here. Maybe the output lead was showing voltage feeding from elsewhere? But why would it be switched to a 125V leg?
Why wont my oven come on without bypassing switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Upload a pic of the schematic here a clear pic.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I am going to cancel this question, as it is taking too long