Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Model fafs4174na1 how do I run a diagnostic? The washer

Customer Question

For affinity model fafs4174na1 how do I run a diagnostic? The washer pauses during cycle and start needs to be pressed - happened several times lately
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

No model number of Fbfs4174na1 are you getting this right off the machine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh I typed fafs not fbfs typo

so the full number is FBFS4174NA1?

That is still not a good number!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Fafs4174na1

ok Thank you!

Here is the units tech sheet.

ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Webster/137309100.pdf

To start diagnostics .

TO START THE TEST: • Press the “cancel” button to enter standby mode and enable diagnostic entry.

• Within 10 seconds after pressing “cancel”, press any button (except the cancel button) to wake up the control.

• Within 5 seconds of wake up, turn the selector knob to the far left cycle and press and hold the “cancel” and the center button under the display simultaneously for 3 seconds to enter the Diagnostic Mode.

(note: to save time at wake up, the welcome screen can be bypassed by turning the selector knob). 1. Upon entering Diagnostic Mode, all lights should flash for 1¼”x2” display models.

2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the start position. The hot water solenoid will activate and hot water should enter through the detergent compartment.

3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and cold water should enter through the bleach compartment.

4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids will activate and cold water should enter through the softener compartment.

5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. The prewash solenoid will activate and cold water should enter through the prewash compartment.

6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can be opened. When the door is opened, the drum light should turn on, if so equipped.

7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The door lock will activate and the washer will fill then tumble. Once tumbling has started, the Boost Heater will turn on.

8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. This is a free position on models without a recirculation pump. The recirculation pump and drum light will activate if so equipped.

9. Turn the program knob (8) clicks from the start position. The drain pump will activate draining out any water in the tub. To enable high spin, press the Delay Start key.

10. Turn the program knob (9) clicks from the start position. The control will signal the last 5 error codes with E00 being no error. 11. Turn the program knob (10) clicks from the start position. Latest software version will be shown.

12. If applicable, turn the program knob (11) clicks from the start position. This is a free position.

Exiting Diagnostic Mode To return the washer to normal operation:

a) Unplug the power cord, wait 5-8 seconds, then reconnect the power cord OR

b) Turn the program knob clockwise back to the Start Position. Press the “cancel” and center button under the display until the LEDs stop flashing.

If you have any questions let me know.

And if you let me know what E codes you get I can assist you further!