Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have several Bosch appliances and laundry and so purchased

Customer Question

I have several Bosch appliances for kitchen and laundry and so purchased an ALB 18 LI blowe, hedge trimmer and drillr Dec 2014. Great equipment for my purpose but three 1.5 batteries have given up. I am reluctant to pay $99 each for new ones if they last only 1 Year or less.
Can I get more powerful batteries in NZ say 3amp or 6amp that may last longer?
Where?
Regards
Trevor Brown, Waiheke Island
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Trevor take the batteries into your local Battery Plus and have them rebuild the batteries with better ones, it will be cheaper and they will last longer I do that all the time for these type of devices.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thankyou but who is battery Plus? Are they a Bosch department?
You have not advised me of the expected life of original lithium batteries that I have.
I think $66 for your advice so far is way too high. Can you speak for Bosch or are you independent?

The batteries normally come with a 3 year warranty, but the lithium battery output rating on these does not last that long and lithiums in general if not being used regularly have a life of around 3-4 years tops. If you are in the UNITED STATES, Batteries PLUS is a battery chain store that rebuilds batteries and sells new ones. Due to the outrageous costs of a new battery this is always a better option to have them rebuilt.

Note I only receive a small amount of whatever you agreed to pay the site only after a good STAR rating is given or I receive nothing thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am really disappointed with your answer. I checked with Battery plus and they do not rebuild lithium batteries.
I think the "just answer' site is deceptive and mischievious in representing itself as Bosch expert - implying home garden machinery as well.
I request a 100% credit of $66 on my credit card today please.
Trevor

Trevor they rebuild lithium battery packs all the time, either you did not call a Batteries plus or they do not know what they are talking about I own 5 Bosch rechargeables and have had them built with the receipts to prove it. Take care I have spent time here for nothing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am totally disappointed and upset that your website deceived me to believe you were a Bosch expert. You are not. The Bosch unit I detailed and related battery does not have a 3 to 4 years guarantee. Just one year.
I repeat my disappointment and request 100% credit to my card as I am not 100% satisfied.
Trevor Brown.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not wish to be involved with Justanswer in future and I do not require any further contact from a "guru" from your company.
Please credit my card $66 today.