Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bill, Maytag dishwasher MDB6701AWQ3 stopped in the middle of

Customer Question

Bill, Maytag dishwasher MDB6701AWQ3 stopped in the middle of the wash cycle. No lights. None of the bottoms respond. It is getting power. Everything just went dead.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Maytag dishwasher MDB6701AWQ3 stopped in the middle of the wash cycle. No lights. None of the bottoms respond. It is getting power. Everything just went dead.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/5jq78-maytag-dishwasher-mdb6701awq3-lights.html#ixzz41EJ9WdCq
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Good evening! First, there are no reset buttons, thermal fuse, or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. This model just doesn't have a thermal fuse. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the control board for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.