Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Just the microwave lights and fan do not work everything

Customer Question

just the microwave lights and fan do not work everything shows up on touch pad lo hi range but nothing hot point rvm1435bd002
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! To clarify, the hood lights and exhaust fan do not work? Do the buttons beep when they are pushed, even though nothing comes on?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok I will give it a try hang with me please it just the lights and fan everything else works I tried hair dryer but only rubbed van and light still no fan or light
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Okay, keep me posted.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are touch panels easy to replace
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
like I said a ll other features work not light and fan
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Okay, do the buttons beep when you try to select the fan or light or no response at all?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no response a all
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the grille from above the door, removing the screw from the top of the control panel and lifting the control panel and hinging it down. All connections will simply unplug and plug in.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!