Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Pearl--I loaded the macine first time yesterday, closed the

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl--I loaded the macine for the first time yesterday, closed the door, added detergent, just as the instructions stated. I pushed the top right button which appears to be the start button, and it sounded as though it were starting. However, the red key light came on, no water came in and it did not wash. Ther was an occasional beep every two or so minutes. Finally, I pushed the lower button on right the right (apparently the "off" button--just below the start button). However, the door will not open. I cannot wash, and I cannot remove the unwashed clothes! Please help.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Appliance Technician now?
Customer: yes, please.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

you may have the child lock function engaged on the unit try pushing the Temp and Rinse buttons at the same time for 3 seconds and see if that turns off the red key light if it does the washer should work properly, if that does not work unplug the washer for a few minutes plug it back in and see if it clears if not, unplug the washer again, remove the supply hoses from the washer and put them in the tub and turn the water on to make sure you have proper water pressure being supplied to the unit, if so, hook the hoses back up and try to restart the machine, let me know how this goes if none of that works give me the model number of the machine so I can help you further, thanks.

In the meantime:

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!